A storyteller with a childhood dream realizes her dream through a director with a childhood dream to make films. Together, they are breaking the illusive limitations of mobile filmmaking through a new film, “The Other Side,” written by Marina Gómez and directed by famed pioneer mobile filmmaker Conrad Mess, best known for “The Fixer” filmed entirely with an iPhone 4 in 2011.
You may think that films shot with mobile phones are home videos. You may not have realized the new “other” Hollywood films in the world of mobile filmmaking.
“This project has been growing since the very beginning. I’m a very obsessive person—I can’t stop until everything is just how I want, and in this case I couldn’t find the locations that fit with what i had in my mind, so I decided to create them in 3D from scratch, so now everything is just how it’s supposed to be.”
Contact us and join us for a walk on “The Other Side” of Hollywood with our mobile film resources and programs.
The Other Side
Conrad Mess – Awards and Prizes
- IPhone Film Festival Los Angeles 2011
- IPhone Film Festival Singapore 2012
- New Media Festival Los Angeles 2012
- Z-Kudos Award Chicago 2012
- Short Film Patrol Austria 2012
- Mobil film Festival San Diego (2nd Place) 2012
- Original iPhone Film Festival San Francisco (3rd) 2012
- Short Non Stop (Finalist) 2011
- IPhone Film Festival Los Angeles (2nd Place) 2012
- Once a Week Film Festival Audience Award September 2012
- Cinephone Film Festival Winner 2012
- 30″ to end hunger contest Audience Award Ending Hunger (NGO) 2012
- 30″ to end hunger contest 3rd Place Ending Hunger (NGO) 2012
- Olleh Film Festival Korea 2012
- The Smalls Film Festival 2011
- Berkshire International Film Festival 2012
- IndiePhone Film Festival 2012
- Seoul International Extreme-Short festival 2012
© 2013. S. Botello Productions, LLC. All rights reserved.